Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Tagged for ten writing/poetry quotes:
Poetry is the deification of reality.
—Edith Sitwell

Isn't that what a poet is supposed to be, powerful and ghostly inside, raise the hair on your neck?
—Greg Bear


Poetry is all nouns and verbs.
—Marianne Moore


Poetry is like fish: if it's fresh, it's good; if it's stale, it's bad; and if you're not certain, try it on the cat.
—Osbert Sitwell


Poetry is language at its most distilled and most powerful.
—Rita Dove


Barn burned down. Now I can see the moon.
—Basho


A poet can survive everything but a misprint.
—Oscar Wilde


...the art of saying everything and reducing it to nothing...
—Barbara Hyett


I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
—Jorge Luis Borges


Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
—Hal Borland


Bonus:
The dictionary is a beautiful menu.
—Peter Bakowski
Tagging Kristy Bowen, Shanna Compton, Rob Mackenzie, Joel Toledo and Jean Vengua.


Don't forget to back up your blog archives. Else the white screen of death will getcha!