![]() |
Below is the list of books I had on my bedside table during my stay. Some I'd finished quickly, while others I'm still savouring. The journals were a particular treat for me, as they're pretty much inaccessible without a subscription:
Hmm, it's a wonder I got any writing done.
MacDowellReadingImmersion List
- Jubilat [journal]
- Tina Chang's Half-Lit Houses
- Nick Carbó's El Grupo McDonald's ♥
- Spoon River [journal]
- Fence [journal]
- Kenny Fries' Desert Walking
- Beth Ann Fennelly's Tender Hooks ♥
- Donald Justice's Night Light
- Marilyn Kallett's Devils Live So Near
- Eileen Tabios' Reproductions of the Empty Flagpole: still reading...
- Eileen Tabios' Menage รก Trois with the 21st Century: still reading...
- Eileen Tabios' I Take Thee, English, for My Beloved: still reading...
- Spreading the Word: Editors on Poetry: useful
- Shin Yu Pai's Equivalence: wish I'd read more of this, but only picked it up on the last day...
- Jane Hirshfield's The October Palace
- Nick Flynn's Some Ether ♥
- Kate Atkinson's Case Histories: a little disappointing.
- Denise Duhamel's Queen for a Day ♥
- Christine Hamm's Discount Heaven: still reading...
- Mike Snider's 44 sonnets: mentioned here
- Audre Lorde's The Cancer Journals
- Phillis Levin's Mercury
- Cathy Park Hong's Translating Mo'um
- The Poet's Notebook: intriguing...
- Bobby Previte's Claude's Late Morning [CD]
- Poetry Project Newsletter
- Anne Sexton's To Bedlam and Part Way Back
- Gladding's Artichoke
- Susan Wicks' Night Toad: New and Selected Poems: still reading...
- Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections: pah!
- Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys: got bored, did not finish...
- Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay: a page-turner ♥
- Poetry [journal]
- Lucy Grealey's Autobiography of a Face
- Paris Review [journal]
More MacDowell photos can be found here.
