Friday, 24 September 2004

To write what is worth publishing, to find honest people to publish it, and get sensible people to read it, are the three great difficulties in being an author.
—Charles Caleb Colton


Hiatus in Haiti!

Not really, I just liked the sound of that.


On Monday, I'm heading to Inverness-shire for a poetry course, hoping it's not going to be too crazy-cold up there. Also hoping that I get up in time to make the 5am train departure for the 12-hour ride. Madness.

I do love train rides, though. Jill of Ruby Street recommends a good book, a notebook for my scribbles, and a music maker of some sort. Good advice. I'm on to it.


For the month of October, I shall be exchanging poetry postcards [that's right, postcards with a poem on them: one poem a week, for four weeks] with these fine folk:
Mondays with Christine Hamm of this is all your fault.
Tuesdays with Michael Wells of Against the Flow.
Wednesdays with Brianna Brash-Nyberg of Wonderblossom.
Thursday haiku with Schelle.
And Fridays with James Collins of Love During Wartime
[Of course, that's four five poems a week for me.] Grace and stamina, October! Too late for the Olympics, but why not? We'll see if I'm plum-tuckered out by the end of it, or still raring to go-gluttonous for November.


A real person will be blogging here for the first week of October. Till then, Blogger will be intravenously [IV, geddit?] feeding excerpts from poems [& short stories] while I'm gone.

Cheerio.